The problem is that WordPress developers aren’t photographers. Finding that perfect blend of form and function that work for a travel photographer’s needs don’t always line up. Each blogger brings something different to the table. Fortunately, that’s where this list of the best travel blog themes for photographers comes in.
If photography is your forte, and you are ready to begin sharing images and telling stories of your adventures, there’s no better place to begin than with the beautiful WordPress travel photography blog themes below.
They are clean, responsive, and make great use of large images. After all, if you have a way with a camera, the last thing you want is for your readers to squint at the screen trying to view your work.
Take a look at the WordPress photography themes below and your search for a great photography theme might just be over.
Travel Blog Photography Themes for WordPress
Don’t let the title fool you. This blog was made for your photography.It was also made for your self-hosted or YouTube videos, audio files, and your words. It’s a great blend to fit multiple purposes. Writee boasts several different theme options, like an assortment of home page styles, slider styles, and even headers. This theme will certainly set your travel blog apart.
Writee Fast Facts:
- Mega Menu
- Sticky sidebar and menu bar
- Ad ready so you can monetize your travel blog with ease
- Seven blog layouts to choose among
- Three sidebar option for those who have a lot to showcase
- Enjoy more than eight custom widgets that include social icons, about the author, latest post, affiliate shop, and more
- Custom Instagram feed in the footer so readers can easily see your eye-catching shots (and hopefully click over to follow you)
If your focus is on amazing photos, it doesn’t get much more “in your face” than the Ina theme. Right away, it is clear that photos rule the day. The top of the page social media icons offers a nice change of pace from the usual sidebar or footer locale. There’s also more than ten different layouts. Your blog doesn’t have to look like the one next door. Choose from three header styles and make good use of the five widget areas to truly make it feel like your own. Demo import available.
Ina Theme Fast Facts:
- Ina offers easy installation and demo import so your theme can look exactly like the sample making it fast to customize
- There are more than ten different layouts
- Enjoy three header styles to place the focus where you want it
- Five different widget areas enable another level of customization
- Go with a full-width blog or choose between the left or right sidebars
A hero image takes up a bit of screen space. There’s no missing your dazzling images with this image-heavy WordPress theme. When your readers click on a menu option, they will be greeted with a page full of images. The theme is responsive and contains a plugin so you may add featured images to categories and your tags.
One Step Into Travel Theme Fast Facts:
- Compatible with popular plugins Polylang and Comments Evolved
- An included plugin allows you to add featured images to your categories and tags so you can give them the attention they deserve
- Photography and categories rule this theme
- The creator promises regular updates
Gwinear is stylish, sleek, and promises to work with JetPack, a hugely popular SEO (and more) WordPress plugin. That’s just the beginning. Look to the different page layouts, the four different blog layouts, and the promo content boxes and you have plenty of options. Make good use of your Instagram feed and help it grow with a full-width feed right in your travel blog’s footer. Gwinear is responsive and striking.
Gwinear Fast Facts:
- Four blog layouts so you can customize your site
- Three different page layouts
- Featured content slider with an adjustable height option
- Three promotional content boxes so you can showcase whatever you need
- Unique ‘Discover’ tray for featured categories so you can entice readers to click on more of your content
- Full-width Instagram feed in the footer
- 3 column widget areas for footer so there’s plenty of room
When images tell the story, Storytelling might just be the theme for you. Click on one of the posts and enjoy a full screen of images and text. This theme places a priority on photography so lightbox is available. The theme also takes advantage of lazy loading so your site won’t lag due to every image loading at once but will only load when a user scrolls down the screen. You can even upload your own logo.
Storytelling Fast Facts:
- Fullscreen picture galleries with a swiping function
- Lightbox so your images look their best
- Custom logo so you can brand yourself right from the start
- Served images are optimized for your reader’s screen size
- Widget sidebar area to add in your must haves
- FAQ available to easily answer common questions
- Lazy Loading so your site won’t load images until your reader scrolls down to keep your site from lagging
Tiffany is another sharp WordPress blog with an emphasis on highlighting your photography. Display related posts using relevant tags so you can keep readers clamoring for the kind of content that has already proven popular. This theme also supports the Contact Form 7 plugin. Sticky header navigation allows you to make your menu navigable even when a reader has reached the bottom of a post or page.
Tiffany Theme Fast Facts:
- Different Homepage settings so you can decide how you want the page to work for your needs
- Change the theme colors easily
- Upload your own custom logo through the admin panel
- Easily install your own favicon icon from the admin panel
- Decide if you want to use full-width, a left sidebar, or a right sidebar
- Post formats include gallery, video, audio, quote, and standard
- Hide or display many elements so you can truly make this blog theme your own
If you want options, you will find plenty of them built into this WordPress theme. Dig in with six different sections that include promo boxes, about me, pricing table, latest posts, subscription, and gallery (so you can easily emphasize your work). The theme is Contact Form 7 compatible. Choose among full-width, left or right sidebar options.
Springfield Theme Fast Facts:
- WooCommerce compatibility allow you to set up your own shop
- A full-width slider makes a bold first impression
- Choose your favorite font from more than 600 different options
- Customize the color of your theme
- Enjoy a custom about me with social icons so you can direct readers to your networks without saying a word
- The custom Instagram widget plugin displays your images to entice even more network clicks
- Recent posts include thumbnails thanks to a custom plugin
If you want a responsive WordPress theme that will wow, take a look at Camera WordPress theme. The clean header makes it easy for readers to see your site menu. It’s obvious that your images will be the main selling point if you use this theme.
- Make a responsive image carousel to display multiple images on your travel blog.
- Use custom CSS styling with live preview to watch your changes instantly appear
- Light or dark color scheme
- Auto-scaling images, video, and audio
- Contact form
- Social networks available with a slide-out sidebar
Obviously made with photo bloggers in mind, the Geo theme greets visitors with a full-screen image landing page. It’s an effective way to entice users to enter your site. With such minimal distractions, it will help to keep them on it too.
Geo Theme Fast Facts:
- Custom drag and drop to easily move objects around your page
- One click demo import so your site looks like the demo from the start (minus the images)
- Google font support so you have more than 600 different fonts to choose among
- Compatible with Contact Form 7
- MailChimp support so you can begin building your email list from the get-go
- Coming soon page so visitors don’t arrive and look at a generic placeholder
- Responsive and retina ready
Now, this is a stunning clean theme that puts images front and center. Choose from the various home page layouts, from a full-width grid or use the sidebar, choose from a blog layout or a list layout (with or without sidebars). There are options.
Posty Theme Fast Facts:
- Featured content slider
- Multiple home page options
- Includes mega menu
- Custom colors and custom header color
- Custom fonts
- Includes a custom team page for those travel bloggers with multiple writers
- Responsive theme
Choose Your Travel Photography Theme
Don’t let the sheer number of premium and free WordPress themes keep you from making your blog go live. You have to make a decision and move on. Themes can be easily switched out. Of course, no one wants to throw down money for a theme that won’t work, but if you’ve been searching and searching, you have to stop. The theme you love today will not be the same theme you have four years from now.
It might seem impossible that the themes you are currently considering may one day not cut it anymore, but it will happen. Your tastes, your blog, and your needs will all evolve as you start your travel blog and keep it growing.
Find one you like now. This isn’t a life-long commitment here. If it doesn’t work out, and someday it won’t, it’s easy to mix it up with a new one. It is probably part of the reason why you decided to go with WordPress in the first place.
If you are on the fence about a couple of them, take a closer look at the reviews people have left, the last time it was updated, and how many people have purchased it so far. If one theme pulls ahead because of what you’ve found, don’t let another second slip by. You have work to do.
Your travel blog is your little slice of the Internet. Enjoy it.
Have you been looking for a WordPress travel theme that would highlight your photography? Did you choose any of the themes above? How is your hunt going? Leave a comment below to let everyone know.